Day 45 - Monday 5th June 2023

Today we'd be in Kuala Lumpur all day (after we landed).

I was woken by an announcement that we were approaching Kuala Lumpur. My guess is that I managed to get at least two hours of sleep.

We landed at 8:10am (KL time) and then had to get a bus across the tarmac to another terminal where we went through security.

Our hotel, Sama Sama Hotel, is located at the airport. They provide a buggy service to transport you to the hotel foyer. There was no need to go outside into the heat of the morning. We got to the reception at about 9:15am.

Check-in wasn't until mid-afternoon and early check-in wasn't available. Instead they said we could take a room now for an extra cost of half the daily rate. In Australian dollars this was only $75 and we took up the offer. I was tired and hungry and so I didn't want to sit around in the foyer for 6 hours.

Our room had a king-size double bed, air conditioning with temperature control, fridge, safe, work desk with an office chair, tea and coffee making facilities, cupboard with plenty of hanging space and shelves, carpet, couch.

It had universal power points and so we didn't need the adapters we'd brought with us. The Wi-Fi speed was about 140 Mb/s down and 250 up.

The bathroom was bigger than most and had a separate shower recess.

I found bathroom scales in the cupboard and so, with trepidation, I weighed my self. I was surprised that I'd only put on about 1kg despite all the food and drink I'd had for the last six weeks.


This is a very large impressive hotel with a pool, spa, gym, garden with lots of large gold fish, conference rooms. It would be able to host large meetings, conferences, exhibitions and events. I think this is probably the best hotel we'd stayed at on our holiday. It was a case of the last being the best.

Suzy went down to sit by the pool. At about 12:30, we had lunch in the hotel restaurant. I hadn't had breakfast and I hadn't had much sleep. So I wasn't feeling great. I was quite dizzy. So, after lunch, I went to bed for a couple of hours. Thank heavens we'd paid for the extra half day.


At about 6:15, we went down to get a pre-dinner drink. After checking out the various bars, we settled into the one in the foyer near reception. Their wine prices here are high and so we had spirits instead - brandy and dry and bourbon and coke.

Then we decided to order some food there to. The menu was confusing because it covered the various bars and restaurants plus various types of cuisines. In the end, we orders Malaysian sartay sticks and salmon chunks. It was delicious.

They even had live entertainment. While we were having dinner, a three-piece band set up - two guitarists and a singer. She had a fabulous voice. We continued to be impressed with the hotel. Pity I wasn't feeling well enough to enjoy it fully.

We got to bed early at about 8:30. It was going to be another early start in the morning for the flight back to Sydney.

Comments